A high fiber, high protein food, pinole is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to get the day started. Dating back hundreds of years, pinole was used by the Aztecs to power their endeavors. Today pinole is eaten by runners, bikers, and endurance athletes alike to get that perfect combination of complex carbohydrate and protein to power through their work out.
- 1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup Purely Pinole
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅛ cup dark chocolate mini morsels
- Preheat oven for 375F.
- Combine water and chia and let chia swell for about 5 minutes.
- Combine egg and honey in separate bowl. Add chia mixture.
- Stir in pinole, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coconut flakes and dark chocolate.
- Scoop into muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes of until center is cooked.