It’s time breakfast can have sweetness AND nourishment without completely derailing your health goals for the rest of the day. These Banana Oat Waffles are the answer! Containing oat flax flour, they are a source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids but also have a sweet kick!
Makes 6 small or 2 large waffles.
- 1/3 gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp matcha (optional for a superfood boost)
- Blend oats and flax seed together until flour consistency (nutrabullet works best)
- Add banana, egg, milk, cinnamon, and matcha to oat flax flour and blend until a batter consistency is formed
- Cook in waffle maker until golden brown
- Top with cashew or peanut butter, bananas, and gogi berries (optional)